THINK BEFORE YOU POST
Posted enero 19, 2009on:
Most of you are online everyday and to keep you safe you should take precautions.
- Be aware people will be looking at the content you post online and can use it to harm you. Thus, don’t post anything inappropriate — there are no “take-backs” online.
- “Think before you post, because nothing is truly private.
- Talk to a parent or trusted adult if you come across anything online that is scary or inappropriate.
- Be as anonymous as possible. Do not give out any personal information or identifying details, such as address, phone number, school, etc., online. Also, make sure your friends do not post anything about you either.
- Be honest about your age.
- Only approve “friends” or chat with people online that you know in real life. Recognize that you cannot detect a disguised predator.
- Be careful when downloading attachments. Never download attachments or open e-mail from people you do not know.